Having looked through your wedding images, and perhaps printed and framed a few, now it’s time to create an album to preserve the story of your big day forever in one big book of happiness!
I will gladly design an album for you, but what I’ll need first are your chosen photographs. This can sometimes be the hardest part – how do you narrow down hundreds of images to compile your top faves? It’s not as easy as you might think, so here are some guidelines to help you create your album shortlist.
Every Album Tells a Story – Selecting your Images
Wedding albums should tell a story, allowing the memories, highlights and special moments of your day to unfold in a sequence of pictures. As with all good stories, there’s a beginning (perhaps the preparations, dressing of the bride, arrivals), a middle (the ceremony, confetti throwing) and an end (speeches, the party and dances!). There will also doubtlessly be other special, funny or unexpected moments you’ll be keen to remember too.
I advise you not to include too many (if any!) group shots in your album, as space is limited. I find that less-staged, natural shots make for a more intimate record of your day. That’s just a personal preference though!
The Folio Albums I supply come with 15 pages (30 sides) as standard. These can take around 45 images comfortably. If you would like more, extra pages can be added for £30.
When selecting your 40 images, you might like to follow this breakdown of shot types to help you create a well balanced story in your album.
- 6-7 Getting ready shots
- 6-8 Arriving at the church or other wedding venue & ceremony
- 8-10 Guests mingling & having fun
- 4-6 Couple shots & bride/grooms individual shots
- 5-8 Speeches & wedding buffet
- 4-6 Dancing shots
- 2-5 Detail & atmosphere shots – these might include close-ups of the flowers and wedding cake.
Creating your List & Sending it to Me
You can make your photo selection via your online client gallery. Firstly login to view your secure images. Then follow the stages below.
- In the ‘thumbnail view’ of the gallery, click on the Select Photos button at the top right corner..
- Move your mouse over the bottom-left corner of the photo you would like to select. Click on the black circle which appears. A check mark will be added.
Repeat this action for all the images you have chosen.
- Or click ALLif you wish to select all the photos in the gallery.
- Finally click the Add to Favourites
To share your ‘Favourites List’ with me, click on the name of your set in the top left corner of the site. This will open the Favourites List.
- Click the Share Favouritesbutton at the top of the page. A pop-up window will appear.
- In the Share to Photographertab, edit the title of the Favourites List to include your name.
- Enter a message to the photographer in the field provided.
Once I’ve received your image selection, I will send you a proof of the album layout to review and approve. You can make any changes you wish at this point. I’ll then resend a new proof and you will get the chance to make any final small tweaks and changes. After this point changes are possibly for a small fee.
Albums take around 18 – 20 working days to be printed and will be sent to you.
The Cover of your Album
A choice of coloured leather album covers is available as standard. I will supply you with swatches or, for an additional fee, you may have an image printed on the cover instead. I will also add your names and the date of your wedding to the front and inside cover of your album at no extra cost. Please supply me with your preferred titles and cover choice with submitting your image shortlist.