We’re looking for an amazing Associate Photographer to join the Beth Moseley Photography crew. If you’re super talented, creative and have great people skills, then we need you!
As an Associate Photographer you will be responsible for photographing weddings as the primary shooter on behalf of the established Beth Mosley Photography brand. You’ll be expected to shoot in our unique house-style but all post-production and admin will be done in house leaving you to focus solely on liaising with clients in the run up and shooting on the wedding day.
We need you to be based in East Anglia and have your own wheels. You need to be willing to commit to working dates up to a year in advance and as this is a freelance position, manage your own tax and NI contributions. The successful applicant will be asked to sign a contract.
We imagine you will already have your own wedding photography business which will run along side.
This position is perfect for someone that loves to shoot weddings and working with couples but hates the editing and admin.
You will be expected to:
- Meet with potential clients either over Skype or face to face
- Touch base with the client in advance to their wedding day either over Skype or face to face
- Occasional contact with the client in the lead up to the wedding
- Be the primary photographer on the day, working alone to cover a wedding from bridal prep to after the first dance, c. 10 hours unless a shorter wedding is booked
- Able to commit to covering 5-10 weddings, up to a year in advance
- Second shoot at several weddings with Beth in 2017, in addition to working alone. (This will be paid role at a reduced rate)
- Back up your images twice and forward the memory cards to Beth
All post production and administration including taking payments, issuing and chasing contracts and supplying of images will done in house and not by the Associate Photographer.
You will be paid for contact time with the client and for covering the wedding day. Salary is dependent on experience.
- You must have previous experience of shooting at least 20 weddings as a primary shooter
- Passion and energy for wedding photography
- Commit to 5-10 weddings dates up to a year in advance, on weekends or weekdays
- Competent at photographing in all lighting conditions including low light and using flash both on and off camera
- Must have a photographic style similar to Beth Moseley Photography’s house style
- Able to think on your feet and adjust plans if necessary
- Be organised and reliable
- Friendly and warm personality
- Great communication skills
- Have their own camera equipment (including back up kit), including two camera bodies with dual memory card slots and range of lenses
- Own transport set for business use
- Own Public Liability and Indemnity Insurance
How to apply:
- Send a covering letter explaining why you’d like to join our team, outlining your previous experience, what your passions are, why you photograph weddings and where you see your self in 5 years. Reference the email ‘Associate Photographer’ and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a link to an online portfolio / website and six full wedding galleries (including at least one shot in low-light and one in wet weather)
- Include a full list of all your professional photographic equipment
- Include your salary expectations (day rate for shooting a wedding and rate for meetings/admin)
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide copies of professional indemnity insurance, public liability insurance and car insurance. You will be working for Beth Moseley Photography as a freelancer and would be required to sign a freelance agreement.
Please do not hesitate to email Beth (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
I can’t wait to hear from you!